Thursday, February 17, 2011

22 - Chaos Legion

Genre: Action
Rating: T
Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom
Platform: PS2 (Also: PC)
Release date: 2003

The reason I avoided this game for a couple years was because I thought it was a JRPG. Not just a JRPG but a hard one. Now, I could have spent one minute looking it up to find out the truth but I quickly got caught up with other games and never gave it a second thought. Tonight I did though and found out this assumption was completely wrong!

It's very Japanese, but not an RPG at all. It's a Devil May Cry style action game. It's not nearly as flashy or fast, but I found myself extremely entertained. The only problem was that in the throes of button mashing through crowds of monsters I would skip past the tutorial text and not know what to do.

It was fun. There's no better compliment for a game than that. After a while it seems it would probably become very boring to fight groups of samey monsters over and over with a small array of attacks... In fact, I'm sure it would after a few levels. However, I wasn't able to last a few levels without dying so this game can and will remain perfectly fun in my mind.

While watching the initial cut scene it brought my attention back to a Japanese PS2 game which never made it on our shores. The name is Oz or something like that and the only reason I know of it is because it showed up as the background video/song in DDR Extreme 2.


Would I play again? No.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...