Friday, February 25, 2011

31 - Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed (PS2)

Genre: Turn-based strategy
Rating: E
Developer: SystemSoft
Publisher: Valcon Games
Platform: PS2
Release date: 2007

I first saw this game randomly in the new PS2 game section at Game Stop. I saw it again months later brand new (actually in shrinkwrap) at Wal Mart. I picked it up and almost bought it but then went with Raw Danger new instead. This was only a month ago. What are these years old PS2 games doing brand new in retail stores still? It's a bit of a mystery to me. However, upon visiting the same Wal Mart a week ago the PS2 section was cleared out.

Onto the game. Well, I can't actually even begin to tell you how this game works, because I just plain don't know. It's a turn-based strategy game. You are in control of some Japanese troops and fighting against an opposing army. That's fine but I could not figure out how to control my troops, read the map, or generally stop sucking.

The game ended so fast as my tanks meandered unknowingly into enemy territory time and time again. My commanding was the most shameful affair that the AI had ever encountered, presumably. It was bad. I'm sure if you're someone really interested in turn-based military games then this would be great. But for me? Noooo thank you. Advance Wars will do me just fine.

Would I play again? No.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...