Sunday, February 20, 2011

27 - Cold Winter

Genre: FPS
Rating: M
Developer: Swordfish Studios
Publisher: VU Games
Platform: PS2
Release date: 2005

What can I say about this game? It's hard for me to formulate any good sentences for this game even though I enjoyed it and lasted maybe 45 minutes before dying in a firefight. Well, simply put the game is just like everything else out there.

The story isn't particularly riveting nor are the characters involved. The gunplay is extremely simple and you're never afraid of running out of ammo or body armor. Even if you were running low on armor, you can get shot all full of holes and run away as if nothing ever happened. This was on the normal difficulty too, and there was an easier difficulty below. I can only assume what that "difficulty" was like.

The graphics are average and the music... was there any music? If there was it was wholly uninspiring because I can't even recall hearing it. Something really strange that happened when I was playing was that I felt a very strong sense of deja vu. Either I had actually played this game at some point earlier in my life or this game was in fact so similar to many FPS titles that they blended together. Either way, it's not much of a compliment.

I had a fair degree of fun playing the game simply based off the fact it wasn't too complex or difficult. Frustration isn't something I typically enjoy to feel at the hands of a game. I could see myself wasting a few more hours with it.

Would I play again? Sure (to complete it).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...