Monday, February 14, 2011

7 - BMX XXX

Genre: Biking
Rating: M
Developer: Z-Axis, Ltd.
Publisher: Acclaim
System: PS2 (Also: GC, Xbox)
Release Date: 2002

I remember back in school this game getting name-dropped everywhere. It was a "bad" game, as in, it was full of things that middle schoolers would go crazy over. There were girls in skimpy outfits with big breasts, foul language, and lots of crude humor. It seemed like it could be a pretty entertaining game so I expected to be mildly amused when playing it.

This game is awful. The bike controls are fine but everything else is terrible. You start out in a slice of a city and are tasked with doing various missions there to complete the level. However, there is no waypoints or guide on map to show you where it is you're supposed to be going. Where is this hobo you need to visit to get your mission from? Who knows!

Once you find your character to give you a mission of course the task has to be timed. It's like whoever developed this game was trying to find various ways to tick off the players, because they did it very well. From what I experienced, regardless of what you had to do the timer would always start at 1:00. You had exactly one minute to figure out exactly what your task was and to do it in that small time frame. I quit in frustration after attempting 3 various missions and finding myself unable to complete any of them.

Something funny about this game though was within the first 5 seconds of entering the first level I glitched myself into a spot under the level. Interesting, I was able to string together a load of tricks to get points while in this limbo land before finally managing to pop myself out of it and crash.

Would I play again? No.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...