Thursday, February 17, 2011

18 - Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships

Genre: Alt. sports
Rating: E
Developer: 4J Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
System: PS2 (Also: Xbox)
Release date: 2005

I think this game is pretty good. The only problem with it is that I have no idea how to control a horse in real life and by effect in game life. I understand that smacking the horse is supposed to make them go faster or something but is there a skill to when you do it? Why was it every time I tried to do it the horse didn't speed up one bit and even when I had a huge lead for 3/4th of the race by the end there was no place lower to go.

This game isn't as hard as Gallop Racer. Well, Gallop Racer might not be "hard' per se, but it's a very accurate recreation of the sport. It's a little disconcerting that I'm unable to finish in the top 3 on an easier horse-racing game, but what can you do?

Unlike Gallop Racer you couldn't customize your jockey either. At the very least I got to choose my jockey and he had on a snappy pink top. I might not have won but I sure did lose in style.

There's no so much to be said about this game because of the tiny bit of gameplay I saw of it. They can't all be my type. If you like horses though, get right to playing! On the other hand I think Barbie Riding Club will do me just fine.

Would I play again? No.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...