Tuesday, February 15, 2011

13 - NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Genre: Fighting
Rating: T
Developer: SNK Playmore
Publisher: SNK Playmore
System: PS2 (Also: Arcade, Xbox 360)
Release date: 2007

This is a pretty solid fighting game. It follows along the lines of some fighting games in the past where you are presented with a stack of characters from various different games all brought together in one brawl. There are guys from Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug, King of Fighters, and more.

Something funny about this game is that the group hosting this coliseum fighting contest is called WAREZ, which is of course a term used to name pirate goods. SNK Playmore has said that piracy was a huge hindrance to them and part of the reason they ended up closing. This tidbit of information reminds me of Segagaga and makes me need it so much more than I already did. But, back to this game!

I got to the 2nd  last round of fighting with my Iori/K team before finally getting my ass handed to me. Going by the rules i set up for these posts, I figured I'd let that Continue screen get the best of me. I'll probably play it again though because I love the characters presented and still don't have a copy of Capcom VS SNK 2.

Something also very worthy of note is that my Iori was in a purple color scheme. I never really know which button to pres for whatever color palettes straight off, but whenever possible I go for a pink or purple coloration. It's especially fun online to bruise the sensitive ego of 14 year olds everywhere when they're beaten down by a pink-clad character.

Would I play again? Sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...