Monday, April 11, 2011

Want to Know a Totally Awesome Website?

Well, do you?

It's been making the rounds over the past couple weeks but for some reason I've neglected to mention it here yet. The website is HowLongToBeat.com and really, it's just what it sounds like. Over the years I have always wanted to have some sort of place that would show me the hours it would take to beat tons of games. I wanted to know so I could choose a game that was known to be a short little experience and not just guess on time.

I have a pretty hard time sticking with most games for longer than 2 or 3 days. Anything over that, and maybe up to a week long is really pushing it for me. Because of this, I tend to rarely finish video games. I'd really love to though and this site is definitely going to help me with that. Sure, it can't make me a better gamer but I can try and run through all the >10 hour experiences for the games I own.

Actually, after I finish my "test drive" of playing games I've never really played before, I was intending to enter phase two. Phase two is set to be where I try to beat the games in my collection. However, since I beat games on and off a few times a month there's no reason I can't cut right to the chase and beat short games.

So, yes, the site looks pretty damn awesome so far. There's tons of times (normal runthrough, speedrun, completion run, etc) and more added each day. Anyone is free to input their times and also call people out if the time they put is completely off. I highly suggest you join the site and start adding your own times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...