Thursday, April 28, 2011

Updates!

1. I got my issue of GameSpite Quarterly 8 today and it looks fantastic! Looking it over really makes me want to make my own book. This issue is all about the PS1 and 400+ pages. I'd love to do my own thing about the PS2 but it would definitely need to be self-published, like GSQ. I'm eagerly awaiting the Hardcoregaming101 book by the way as well.

2. Still probably not going to get in any mini-review things for the games I'm playing on here this week. Sorry about that but I'm running behind on my full length reviews so obviously those take priority. However, I picked up some new games this week and I'm very interested in them. I think I'll write about them here early next week. Hopefully!

3. Why did the make the plane control in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas so difficult? I can't even handle it! I'm thiiiis close to the ending and can't get past a horrid plane mission.

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

I've written about GSQ many times on my blog, but I've yet to buy an issue. This one sounds particularly interesting! Maybe I'll finally pick up the next one...

Marcus said...

I really, really like this issue. Maybe it's partly due to my love of the PlayStation, but also because it's just interesting to look over. There's some interesting errors (such as saying PS1 was at E3 2005 instead of 1995) but I can overlook them since it's not a professional publication.

If you ever do get an issue I'd suggest to go all out for the hardcover. I got paperback and I'm afraid I'm going to rip the darn book in half because the text goes very far into the inside of the page lol. I assume that with hardcover it's still the same, but it feels less damaging to open a hardcover book so fully.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Yeah, I'm guessing those kinds of errors are to be expected of such a publication. Still, it sounds like a great buy. Maybe I'll see which ones are still available and buy a few of them sooner rather than later...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...