Thursday, April 14, 2011

Really, Destructoid?


Really?

I'm glad you admit that you're "milking this for all it's worth" but REALLY? Okay, I love breasts as much as the next man (sometimes) but come on now. This isn't a post for a blog that serves gamers of all ages, genders, and the like. This is a post for 14 year old boys in middle school to guffaw about during gym.

First off, I don't want to motorboat anything, much less screenshots of teenage-looking anime girls. Secondly, I don't appreciate the obviously gaudy joke attempts. "Something about it just "pops", you know?" Oh, I know Mr. Tony Ponce, I know. I know what you're trying to say and I don't appreciate your humor one bit.  I'll tell you one thing though, this isn't "journalism" in any sense of the word. If this were for any other type of media than games people would probably be horribly ashamed to have this as a piece of work in their portfolio.

Was the whole point of the post to make boob and sex-related jokes? No, I guess this guy is trying really hard to promote this product. Really though, this doesn't seem like a game that is even going to come out here. So why post about it?

Here's your reason: BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS!

I really wish game blogs and developers would stop trying so outrageously hard to play to the audience of straight, immature boys.


PS: One of the tags for that post is #This has breasts. It sure is reassuring to know that tag even exists and in fact has hundreds of posts using it. Say, Destructoid, do you have a #This has penis tag too?

PPS: This is my second post about Destructoid. If you read Kotaku you're probably wondering why on Earth I've not yelled at them yet, since they are notorious for this kind of stuff. Well, I kept getting angrier and angrier at Kotaku... Enough so that one of my little resolutions of this year is to never visit their site again. If I did, I'd probably be able to write a post like this every day. However, that would be too much repetition so it's probably for the best.

1 comment:

Bryan Ochalla said...

It's really just about hits, Marcus. They know if they write about a game with 3D boobs they'll get more hits. I understand it's annoying (and more), but that's where they're coming from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...