Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Harvest Moon Alpaca

I gotta tell you, when I first experienced Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on GBA I was hooked. Even though I was a lot younger I was able to realize that the entire series is mostly the same thing over and over again. That doesn't make it any less fun, but because of that I have only two Harvest Moon games in my collection.

For all the years between then and now I barely realized they gave out plush toys for preorders. It was only once my partner talked about the most recent one to me that I learned there were tons. If I had known, I probably would have picked up a few more new games in the series. It's too late now though.

The latest toy for the 3DS and DS version of Harvest Moon looks to be the cutest of the bunch. I can't say I ever was a fan of alpacas, but I'm a huge fan of this one.

5 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ha! I *nearly* posted this on my blog today, too. It's so cute! I've barely played any of the Harvest Moon games -- which is funny because I quite like Nintendo's Animal Crossing games -- but I'm going to have to seriously consider this one because I want one of those alpacas! ;P

Marcus said...

They're really pretty fun, and you have more to "do" than in AC. Farming isn't something I usually think of as fun either but it's still pretty entertaining.

I really, really wanna get this little alpacka toooooo.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Huh, I guess I'll have to give one of these more recent Harvest Moon games a try then. Would you recommend any one or two in particular?

Marcus said...

Well, I haven't had much experience with the many newer Harvest Moon games. The DS one I have isn't especially exciting... Really, the GBA versions (Friends/More Friends of Mineral Town) are the peak of the series. I prefer them to attempts at polygonal versions. It feels very full too and a good fit for a portable game since you can easily just do some farming/talking then save.

Bryan Ochalla said...

OK, the GBA versions it is. Did you ever play the SNES version(s)? It/they look awfully cute, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...