Monday, September 12, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Conference Thoughts


Now that it's over I can review what all information came out. There wasn't much new to entice the core American crowd, but there was sure a lot for Japan to salivate over. Unfortunately, most of the stuff that interested me on display probably won't be coming here at all. Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is the one game I think we'll see here.

Here's a list of the stuff announced during the conference that I can only dream about getting in English (not-fan patch style): 
  • Girls Mode 3DS (known as Style Savvy in the US)
  • Girls RPG: Cinderlife
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai
  • Love Plus 3DS
I know that's a lot of girly and dating sim stuff but I can't help being interested in this mostly-Japanese niche. Something that we might get over here is the new pink 3DS. The color is called "Misty Pink" and it look great. I was thinking about picking up the pink DSi XL because of the color, but now I can withhold that purchase and get this one instead. It could be my import system for all these great games coming out that I won't get a chance at otherwise! Darn you, region locking. 

1 comment:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, I agree with you, Marcus -- I hope some, if not all, of the games you mentioned make it to the US, too, although I know it's unlikely.

Another game I hope makes its way to the States: Bravely Default, the Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light lookalike.

Other than those games, though, I thought there were a number of other nice surprises -- esp. the new Fire Emblem and Mario Tennis games.

I really think I'm going to have to break down and get a 3DS this Christmas or early next year, esp. if the pink system is released here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...