Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guess Who's Hooked on Minecraft


I've gone and got myself stuck playing Minecraft again. I'm not sure what it was. All that happened was I wrote a news post or two detailing the most recent update to the game and then started playing again. Initially it was just to check out the newest and changed features because they seemed to address my biggest issue with the game. Basically, aside from the creative aspect it never really felt like there was a purpose to the whole thing but now there sort of is.

Anyway, the game has reeled me right back in and I'm hoping to make some really cool stuff. People who haven't played Minecraft will probably never understand what is so enthralling about the game. Even some who have played it once or twice might not get the appeal. The first times I tried to play it seemed much too silly and complex.

Just wanted to let everyone know what's up. It certainly isn't a game for everyone but is such a treat for those who enjoy it. If you've never played it I suggest maybe giving it a go someday. It's about $15 right now and will cost $20 once it "launches" on November 11th. But by that time everyone will probably be busy busting open their brand new copies of Skyrim instead.

2 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

If I actually played games on our PC, I'd be right there with you, Marcus. I'm completely intrigued by this game just by what I've read of it. I'm similarly intrigued by Terraria. Have you played that one? It's been described as a 2D Minecraft...

Marcus said...

I go back and forth between playing or not playing PC games. I had a big drought from the years like 2003-2008 but have since come back around to PC gaming (since I got a shiny new machine!).

Terraria is also a very fun game. It takes the basic mining/crafting mechanics pretty much directly from Minecraft, which is why it's called "2D Minecraft" a lot. However, it also has more of an adventure-y feel to it as well as NPCs which make it more of a traditional game than Minecraft is. You can be creative with both but personally I prefer Minecraft for the wild amount that you can do in it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...