Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Video Game Hotties: Action Guys

Since initially posting my "video game hotties" lists they have consistently received the most hits of any post on my blog. The only thing I can take from this is that my viewers love them some man eye candy. I've been meaning to post another and figured this is as good a time as any to do it. This selection is based on men in action video games be them shooters, action-adventure, or something else similar enough. For those of you who'd like to see some ladies, I'm sure a post or two of them will come eventually... It's just that there's so much less of a "need" for that type of post what with them being everywhere and all.

Billy Bishop - Spy Fiction
Spy Fiction came to us from the creative (and odd) mind of SWERY (man behind Deadly Premonition). Either with his consent or not the characters in this game are all pretty good looking. Both hero and villain are insanely pretty (at least in concept art). I'm mostly a fan of Billy's hair and skintight sneaking suit. It isn't easy to see from the picture, but the pants look like some sort of futuristic chaps which is another plus.

Edgar - Phantom Dust
I'm not sure if I like Edgar for his attitude or outfit more. He's a headstrong dude who feels he can't lose. He's friends with the main character in the game but unlike him, doesn't want to live by the rules. His clothes are nicely stylish as well. So many belts and zippers would typically throw me off, but it makes me think of some sort of cowboy vampire fusion outfit... which is awesome.

Elliot Salem - Army of Two
When I started playing Army of Two I was immediately greeted with the image of a pretty boy. I was hugely confused because the two main characters in the game are bulky and masked. Apparently, Salem is really young though and even looks a bit emo (when not at war, apparently). Unfortunately I couldn't find the image I saw online and this one doesn't quite capture his pretty boy looks. It seems between the first game and The 40th Day both characters became more "grizzly" types.

Roy Earle - L.A. Noire
A silly problem I had with L.A. Noire was how unattractive I found the main character. Cole Phelps has a baby face and even seemed to have a little chin fat rendered for some strange reason. In fact, I finally came to the realization that he looked like a young Glenn Beck to me, which just brings him to the bottom of the Attract-O-Meter. Anyways, Roy Earle is more of an antagonist character but he looks much better. I wish the main character had his looks. I'll never quite understand his fashion sense though.

Ezio Auditore de Firenze - Assassin's Creed 2
This is a pretty obvious choice and I'm amazed he wasn't in the first post. Actually, without his hood up, Ezio isn't the hottest guy in the world but when it is - damn! There's something to a mysterious man (not to mention an extremely fashionable one). Altair had a similar mysterious charm when hooded, but his outfit wasn't nearly as elaborate. I guess this is what happens when you're friends with Leonardo Da Vinci.

Volt Krueger - The Bouncer
The Bouncer isn't a very good game but the character designs are okay. Actually, they're pretty weird, but I found one character to like within it. That guy is Volt who inexplicably has horn piercings and various other ones on his face. Typically I'm not crazy about that sort of thing, but within the confines of a game it's pretty neat! Like men on my previous list, he looks tough but is very protective and caring of those important to him.

Nier - Nier
First things first, Nier is not your typical JRPG. In fact, it's full on real-time action without random battles or a whole load of other stuff typically associated with the genre. That's why Nier is on this list instead of a future RPG character one. He's an older man and not the kind of thing I'm typically interested in, but his total and complete devotion to his sick daughter touched me. The only problem I had with him (or the designers) is that they chose to not give him nipples which looks very strange when his chest is constantly shown. I know, I'll nitpick anything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...