Friday, June 24, 2011

Team Fortress 2 is Freeeeeee!


When I heard the rumors about Team Fortress 2 being free right before it was officially announced I didn't believe it. For some reason, it seemed impossible to me that this veritable goldmine of a game would become free for everyone. After I thought about it for a bit though, it makes perfect business sense. The game has been out for a good number of years now so the majority of Steam users already have it. Then there's the fact that there's an in-game store which uses real money, just like so many free 2 play games.

I'm still a little surprised but it's awesome of Valve to do. TF2 is a solidly entertaining title and it'll be fun to play with even more of my friends. The main problem will be having to wait for the servers to calm down since absolutely everyone appears to be downloading right now. Then there may have to be a bit of a wait for new players to thin out. Until then, I expect servers to be much fuller and may include a few more kids spamming their mics.

Overall though, damn if I wasn't caught off guard by the news but I'm happy it's happened. When I have played TF2 in the past I feel myself getting hooked. That's certainly a good sign when most games can't seem to keep my attention for an hour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...