Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Collection Updates


I've been thinking for a while that I might like to post whenever I get new games, but that tends to be so often I figured it wouldn't work out. Instead, I've decided to post when I get new PS2 games because that's my current collecting goal and it'd be nice to track it. Lord knows if I'll ever actually "complete" that collection since it's 1,000 some games to find... but I'm trying anyway. As it stands my collection is now at 365 PS2 games - That's one for every day of the year!

GameStop was having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale so I of course had to hit up a few of my favorite stores. There are maybe 10 in my immediate area but most are pretty awful. At the very least, the two I chose still carry a pretty good selection of boxed PS2 titles. Funnily enough, the cashier at the first counter remembered me despite quipping "I only see you during the sales!" (which are somewhat infrequent). I guess she's just got a good memory. Back on track, I purchased 12 titles during the sale. Looking back on it I really wish I could have picked up a few more, but this is totally sufficient for now. However, the death of last-gen games at GameStop is fast approaching so maybe I should have...

Here's what I grabbed:

  • 50 Cent: Bulletproof
  • Ape Escape 3
  • Bloody Roar 3
  • Capcom VS SNK 2
  • Castlevania: Lament of Innocence 
  • Driven
  • Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition
  • Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
  • Nano Breaker
  • Raw Danger
  • SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
  • The Suffering
I'd say this is mostly a great haul if you disregard that 50 Cent: Bulletproof is probably a terrible game. It could have been worse though as I toyed with the idea of buying Riding Star as well. As for Raw Danger, I already owned a copy but mine is sealed. Over the last few months I have started to pick up the terrible habit of enjoying my games sealed so I figured I'd just keep it like that and buy a copy for playing. It was only a buck anyway. Raw Danger and Driven both came without cases but that's acceptable. 

I'm most proud of finding Capcom VS SNK 2 and Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition. As for the first game, I'd been wanting it since the release way back in the early 2000s when I used to rent it constantly. As for FFXII, I knew I had to get it one day but kept avoiding it at every store as it was always being sold for too much. Getting the Collector's Edition was simply icing on the cake (especially when it cost less than the Greatest Hits release). 

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Nice haul! I look forward to reading your reviews of these games -- esp. Ape Escape 3, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 :)

Unknown said...

Yea, what a great haul there! I myself have a copy of the FFXII Collector's Edition back from day one, but I never really got into it. If you give it a go, maybe that will inspire me to try it again :D

Marcus said...

Bryan: I'm also super looking forward to trying out the Castlevania title! I've heard very mixed things about it and would like to just make my own decision on the matter.

Apricotsushi: Nice! It takes a really special game to make me buy it day one these days. I played it a bit though and also didn't get into it before. I'm hoping this time things are different though :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...