Monday, June 6, 2011

Conferences, Conferences, Conferences!


E3 is well underway now with four different press conferences just today. I'm not sure if I'll say much about them on my blog here, but that's due to the fact I'm getting way too saturated with E3 news thanks to my writing job. I'm liveblogging all of the conferences today. This is my first time liveblogging too, and let me tell you, it's harder than it looks! As I ease into it though I feel more willing to be snarky with the updates. It's too bad I can't liveblog more often as it honestly is kind of fun - even if it is super hectic.

The hardest thing really is coordinating how to get pictures of all the cool stuff going on while writing and listening. It's pretty much impossible (which is why I have a partner helping me with the taking of nice pictures). Anyway, Microsoft and EA have already gone. Strangely, I enjoyed EA's offerings a lot more than Microsoft's. I don't think that so many games need to have Kinect functionality need to be shoved into them.

I'm waiting around for Ubisoft to start soon and then am excited for Sony later. I can only hope Ubisoft's event is not nearly as horrible as it was last year. I also wish Konami were having an at-E3 event instead of just the pre-E3 thing that already passed.

Edit: Got the Ubisoft and Sony liveblogs done. Man, I take back what I said, after Sony I really do not desire having to liveblog (at least not this much).

2 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

So, how did it go overall? Are you glad you did it? What were your favorite games?

Marcus said...

I'm glad I did it. It was quite the experience and helped bond me a bit with my fellow writer partner.

It was a really great E3 overall despite what the haters may say! :P

Honestly, I have no idea what my favorite games were... Tomb Raider were interesting and I know I'm gonna need to get Dance Central 2. Aside from that though, it was such a whirlwind I still can't process all the games that were discussed xD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...