Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I am Having the Weirdest Time with Duke Nukem Forever

Perhaps it's due to all the craziness and hype that has surrounded DNF over the years. I never quite followed it and only ever played Duke Nukem 3D for the first time in college. I've not been anticipating the game for years or even months. Despite that, here it is in front of me now and I honestly have no idea how I feel about the game.

At first, it's hugely annoying and weird to look at. It seems like a 360 launch title and is clunky to boot. But then I set it down for a while and pick it back up and find it fun. As soon as I start really enjoying myself, out pops a game play element straight from the past (they were discarded for a reason)... Stupid puzzles that attempt to prolong the game time are not necessary. Some of the challenges in this game are stupidly difficult as well.

So as I play DNF I keep switching between hate and enjoyment. I haven't had a game make me feel this way in a while. I'm supposed to write a review for it soonish, but to do that I'll have to clear my thoughts. I'm not sure my mind will ever quite settle down though.

It's good but it's bad...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...