Thursday, December 1, 2011

Black Friday 2011 Haul


Black Friday 2011 has come and gone and I think I made out decently. It wasn't nearly as awesome as last year's haul, but I still managed to grab some stuff so yay. However, my method is a bit different than most people's battle plans on the day. You see, I mostly ignore all the crazy Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc deals and just head straight to GameStop. While I actually don't like GS much, they are basically the only purveyor of PS2 games still so that's the place to go.

Thanks to their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale (it should have been B2G2 on PS2 again, haha) I managed to pick up:

  • Area-51 
  • Armored Core 3
  • Bujingai: The Forsaken City
  • Chaos Wars
  • Conflict: Global Terror 
  • Contra Shattered Soldier
  • Eternal Poison
  • Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel
  • Growlanser: Heritage of War
  • Justice League Heroes
  • Mega Man X8
  • One Piece: Grand Adventure
  • Pac-Man Fever
  • Rocky Legends
  • Ruff Trigger: The Vancore Legacy
  • Shadow of Rome
  • S.L.A.I. Steel Lancer Arena International
  • Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
  • Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
  • Super Bust-a-Move
  • Super Monkey Ball Adventure
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Limited Edition
  • War of the Monsters

It was a little unfortunate though because there were 8 games I really was looking forward to at one store but the worker was unable to find each and every one of them. Maybe they really didn't have them all but I'm sure some of it was probably also due to just being tired of having to search out the discs to put in the cases. Ah well, one day I'll get copies of RPG Maker II, Firefighter FD 18 and others. I also saw some rare games on shelves like .hack//Quarantine, Ikaruga, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes but they were all over $20 which is over the amount I am currently willing to spend on used games.

From the list of things I did get I'm especially happy with my pickups of Eternal Poison, Shadow of Rome, and Ultimate Spider-Man Limited Edition and that all but two games came in complete condition. Shadow of Rome in particular I've been waiting to play again for years after renting it once and falling in love with it. While I'm not a huge comic book fan or anything, the Spider-Man game is notable because I handed over the regular edition case to the cashier. He was the one who instead picked up the Limited Edition box from their little PS2 pre-owned stock and handed it over.

I also picked up a few 360 games too since sometimes I couldn't find enough notable PS2 games to buy from a store. Those games are Bionic Commando, Dark Void, Power Gig: Rise of the Six String, and Velvet Assassin. Beyond that, I also devoted some funds to gift games. Maybe next year I'll try out some online shopping instead though, as it's finally beginning to annoy me to wait in lines with people squeezed all around.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...