Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Humble Indie Bundle 4 is Amazing


I've got to confess something here. Although there have been a great deal of excellent indie game bundles coming out lately I have not purchased any of them. They tease me with cool-looking games at any price I'd be willing to pay - even give some to charity! Still, I've shied away from them. It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of indie games or even being a big scrooge, though... there's just something that worries me about grabbing digital copies of games from random sites. It just seems very messy in comparison to simply having everything managed neatly by Steam.

Of course, those fears are mostly quelled since more and more bundles offer Steam codes for their games so you can stick them right in the library. So maybe now there is a lot less reason for me to be wary. Anyway, the 4th Humble Indie Bundle is astonishing. It is full of games that I've been meaning and fully ready to purchase at higher prices. If you're interested then definitely check it out.

For me, I was most excited to try out Shank or Cave Story+ or Jamestown or BIT.TRIP RUNNER. Yes, basically everything in the package. However, I somehow ended up playing the physics puzzler NightSky instead. It seemed like it should really be the least interesting game of the set to me (alongside Gratuitous Space Battles) but it's actually really cool. I think that's the mark of an excellent bundle, really. It mostly amuses me that the game I thought should be the "stinker" of the pack is turning out to be the only way I want to spend my PC gaming time right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...