Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Even More Collection Updates


This weekend I went all out with video game shopping. Unfortunately, 3 of the better local game shops closed down... I guess it should be expected that with GameStop stores about as prevalent as McDonald's here there isn't room for many others. Still, I found a nice deal from the surviving store and, yes, even a few GameStops.

GameStop in particular had a buy 2 get 2 free sale on PS2 games. I have a feeling these sales will become more prevalent in the future as GS is hoping to condense and then finally rid themselves of PS2 games all together. GS no longer accepts Xbox, GameCube, or GBA games and it becomes increasingly harder to find these games in stores at all. So, onto the games I picked up...

  • .hack//MUTATION
  • .hack//OUTBREAK
  • Atari Anthology
  • Battle Engine Aquila
  • Black
  • Capcom Classics Collection
  • DICE - DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises
  • Forever Kingdom
  • Fugitive Hunter: War on Terror
  • Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  • The Great Escape
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
  • Heavenly Guardian
  • Inuyasha: Feudal Combat
  • McFarlane's Evil Prophecy
  • MDK 2 Armageddon
  • Mercenaries
  • Metropolismania
  • Resident Evil: Outbreak
  • Ring of Red
  • Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
  • The Sims
  • Soul Calibur III
  • Taito Legends 2
  • Tetris Worlds
  • Total Overdose
  • Virtual-On Marz
  • We Heart Katamari
  • The X-Files: Resist or Serve
I tell ya... the life of a collector is an expensive one. Although, to be fair I'm still extremely glad to have gotten all these games for the price I did (like, $80). Just think back to when each of these games was going for $20-$50 to start and it's great to see most games go down in price over the years. There was even more I could have picked up but this should tide me over until Black Friday, haha. Damn you PS2 for having such a massive library of games!

2 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Wow! That's quite a haul for just $80. Granted, I've only heard of a few of those games, but those few are likely worth what you paid for the whole bunch and then some. Anyway, which one are you going to play first?

Marcus said...

Well I already popped in Taito Legends 2 but of everything else I'm probably going to try the .hack games first. I re-started the 1st chapter of .hack and hope to play through the other two soon. It's too bad that the 4th game costs a fair amount.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...