Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Catherine, Catherine, Catherine!


So, I played and beat Catherine over the weekend. I'll probably do a little blurb about the game here later, but for now I just wanted to pimp out stuff I wrote about it. First, there's my review. It's not my best work but I'd like to think it is a relatively unbiased and helpful review.

Tonight I just published a small opinion piece about one small snippet of the game. It contains spoilers for the 7th day though so if you don't want to know what happens then it might be best to skip this. Basically, the piece is about something that happened on that day in the game that pulled me straight out of my enjoyment of the title. It's rare for a game to do that to me.

Unrelated, I'm a little annoyed that Atlus called the "Love is Over" edition of their game extremely limited. Special edition game collectors are saying that the set is actually put together on demand, meaning, it is not limited at all. It's definitely sneaky marketing on the part of Atlus and actually turns me off to them a tad. That's just the crazy collector inside me talking though.

2 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

I have yet to even give the demo a try, Marcus. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. If I like it, I'll probably pick up the 360 version of the game later this year. Anyway, we'll see. Now forgive me while I go read your review of it :)

Marcus said...

I didn't try the demo myself ever I just decided to jump in blindly... It's probably a much better idea to play that though so you can find out if it's something you like.

If you enjoy Q-Bert and how tough that is you might be in a better position to enjoy Catherine. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...