Thursday, August 25, 2011

Collection Updates - August


So, I've really been slow on picking up PS2 games as of late. I've found myself busy playing over newer games either for reviews or just to stay on top of things. It's funny how writing about games has reinvigorated my interest in the current generation!

There haven't been many sales lately so I've been relegated to picking up PS2 titles at thrift stores. However, I walked into my local GameStop today to find the Buy 2 Get 2 Free sale was back. It's funny because I've seen nothing of that mentioned online so perhaps it is as specific locations only... or will be this way until the games are all gone. When my store still had Xbox games they were on constant B2G2 sale until I suppose the last sports games were thrown out.

Here's the stuff I picked up:

  • Armored Core: Nine Breaker
  • Army Men RTS
  • Dawn of Mana
  • Dead or Alive 2
  • Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
  • Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • Rez
  • Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
I'm most proud of my Rez acquisition. I've skipped over buying an English copy on multiple occasions, due to price. Once I found it for $2 but in a generic case so I decided I would keep on waiting. A little over a year later and my waiting has paid off (lol). Of course, the Trance Vibrator that came with the Japanese version still escapes my grasp... 

I'm looking forward to playing Harvest Moon since apparently this version is very different from the normal games. Don't know why I continue to buy Armored Core games though as they're all pretty tough. Either way, this looks like a good haul to me and this weekend I'm going to hit up all the local non-GS stores. Yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a pretty awesome haul! I've never even seen Rez in English before, actually, but I don't think it's too expensive in Japan. I hope to get a copy myself someday

Bryan Ochalla said...

Have you played Dawn of Mana before? I've heard it's bad, but I've always been interested in it anyway. Other than that, yes, Rez is a great pick up! I have to get the PS2 version myself...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...