Friday, May 20, 2011

TGIF: Phoenix Games Edition

Earlier today I put up a post about Phoenix Games, one of the funniest game publishers out there. While everything can't be chocked up to them as they're simply publishing games, but why would they do that to begin with? What great are they bringing to the table when they publish Disney ripoffs and crazy things. It must make them money for 'em to have been going at this game for at least 10 years now.

So, the Disney-ish games are mostly just cartoons with a tiny puzzle and coloring game squeezed in on the side. Really though, they seem as interactive as the GBA Video carts. The maestros behind the cartoons used are Dingo Pictures. The company is based in Germany and at some point must have gotten the bright idea to put the stuff on PS2 discs. Either way, the art is all extremely derivative of Disney at times and animated pretty terribly. I'm going to stop talking now and just share my favorite video from Dinosaur Adventure.


If you're curious to see what kind of actual games Phoenix puts out then this next video should show you quite accurately. I've checked out other games in their library and everything is about the same quality. I've played some pretty bad games in my day, but it seems London Cab Challenge might take the medal if I could get my hands on it. 

Youtube user InfernalMonkey has put up videos for most all the Phoenix Games in case you need more. 

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Wow. It looks like a Nintendo64 game -- and a bad one at that! Are their titles generally budget ones? Maybe that tricks enough people into buying them, which in turn keeps the company solvent enough to continue making them? Either way ... wow!

Marcus said...

They're all budget when they come out (equating to about $20). They trick parents everywhere to make bad game decisions for their children!

Speaking of which, when I was a teeny little child my father brought E.T. for 2600 into the household. Even back then, I realized it was pretty horrible lol.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, that's great that you owned ET for the 2600 back in the day. I've only seen videos of it. It certainly looked ... interesting! As for these games -- man, I can't get over how bad some of them look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...