Monday, May 2, 2011

Catherine Special Edition Thoughts

So, there's a special edition for Catherine now! I hate to admit I'm a sucker for "weird" special editions and this one looks to hit all the points. With a pillowcase, shirt, and boxers all stuffed inside a pizza box this is one of the most unusual US special editions in recent memory. I'm just waiting for a US release to come with a dinner plate, spoon and fork like Cardcaptor Sakura: Tomoyo's Video War did on Dreamcast.

For the most part, it's just the items stuffed inside a pizza box that interests me the most. It's a creative way of stuffing all the items together, for sure. A t-shirt isn't that exciting. Even a pillowcase is old news now that NIS has done that twice with the horrendous Record of Agarest War series. Even underwear has come with games released in the US before... However, I think the only time boxers came out anywhere with a game were for a version of Maximo in Japan. Girly panties seem to be much more the norm.


I admit I like the boxers the most because it's definitely different. I don't think I'd ever wear them though since they're not very good looking. Secondly, boxers always bunch up and generally annoy me.


Edit: Not going to do a full post for this but just saw Destructoid's post for this edition. "It's been perfectly designed for rigid-cocked gamers, aching to burst their bags over drawings of girls" is part of the lead in paragraph. I'll never understand why Jim Sterling seems so obsessed with talking about dicks and masturbating whenever humanly possible. I mean, even I don't think about them that much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...