Friday, January 18, 2013

Killer is Dead Trailer Made Me Have An Existential Crisis


Okay, it didn't really cause me to have a crisis, but the first trailer for Suda51's Killer is Dead game did get me thinking very critically about my gaming life. It made me remember how incredible an experience playing Killer7 was back in 2005. It hooked, amazed, confused, and challenged my perceptions of games. I have rarely had such feelings with other games since. At the moment, I can't think of even one other time since, but I believe they are there.

Regardless, Killer is Dead is not a game I expect to bring back that spirit. It still seems closer to Suda's older works though (rather than his newer school "punk's not dead" credo stuff like No More HeroesShadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw). Granted, it looks to have a large dash of NMH anyway, but what can you do?

The trailer is a bit risque in both sexual and violent content so keep that in mind before giving it a watch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...