Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm going to Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven Fever Party!


A lot of times I find myself a little sad when game parties/conventions/etc take place on the East Coast or even Northern California because that means I can't go to them. I may be a California native, but the unfortunate fact of the matter is that San Francisco is about 7 hours away from me. Anyway, I'm lucky this time around because Nintendo is hosting a pre-release Rhythm Heaven Fever celebration in LA. Now that's something I can go to!

As such, come tonight, that's exactly where I'll be. Don't really know what to expect though aside from the game being set up for us to play. Still, it'll probably be fun to mingle around with other rhythm gaming fans and grab some free snacks and shirts. It probably won't be as cool as Sonic Boom though which had a decently sized venue and live DJ.

If anything interesting is going on then I'll snap some pictures. I'm expecting it to mostly be a small event though so who knows. Might tweet a bit about it so if you're interested in that then follow @marcusboi. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and that Wii owners pick up RHF next week.

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Jealous! Anyway, have a blast. You'll be picking up the game on Monday, if not before, right? I can't wait until my copy arrives :)

Bryan Ochalla said...

So, how did this go, Marcus? Someone who visits my blog now and then went and was a bit disappointed by it. He said he though the DJ was too loud (he couldn't hear the game's music when he tried to play the game) and he was disappointed you couldn't buy or win some of the great Rhythm Heaven things (such as plushies) that were scattered about the area. He did pick up a shirt for himself -- and one for me, too! -- so all was not lost, I guess. I'm still waiting for my copy of the game to arrive, by the way. Hopefully tomorrow...

Marcus said...

If you were expecting something really cool then it would be a disappointment, but usually I find these types of events to be lackluster. There's only so much you can do to pimp out a new game, I guess lol.

The music was loud but if you got on a game that was far enough away you could hear (also turn up headphone volume :D ). But yeah, I want to know what they did with the plushies because they deserved to be raffled off or something.

It was okay but once you played the game and snagged some food it was about time to go lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...