Monday, December 10, 2012

I Won a Copy of PlayStation All-Stars!


If you are on my blog, then chances are you're well aware of Bryan over at The Gay Gamer. If not, then I don't know how you found me but you should totally check his site out. A little bit ago, Bryan had a contest to win a copy of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale for Vita. As I have been pretty interested in checking it out I threw my name into the pot. Someone else actually won but apparently never responded. He drew a new name and... it was me!

So here's a post to say thank you Bryan for hosting the cute little contest! I'm thinking of doing my own (for a less popular game) soon, but we'll see if that works out. In the meantime, I'll be fussing around with PS All-Stars and hopefully becoming good with one of the characters. Even if I do, I'll still probably be too scared to try hitting up an online match.

As a final note I will say that anyone who is still interested in getting a Vita should make sure they grab a high capacity memory card along with it. Although I only have a few digital titles on it, I'm now required to regularly uninstall them to make room. Of course, it doesn't help that Persona 4 Golden is one game that has taken residence on my card... It is over 3GBs by itself! Here's hoping that the prices for Vita memory come down drastically in the next year.

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ah, congrats again, Marcus! Also, thanks for the shout-out in this post. You didn't have to do that, so I especially appreciate it.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you like the game. Have you tried the code yet to make sure it works? I've been so paranoid/worried about that -- that I would send the code to someone and it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

Oh, and thanks for the words of warning about the Vita. I have a feeling I'll get one eventually (not for a while, though), and without reading stuff like this I'd probably cheap out and buy one with a tiny memory card. Not at more! :)

Marcus said...

Hey Bryan! It's no trouble, I'm just so excited :P.

Yup, don't worry, the code works just fine. That's something I also get nervous of with codes because you can't tell until they actually get entered in, haha.

Memory cards are definitely a necessary thing to factor in with buying the system if you ever intend to play digital titles. If not, then it's not as big of a deal, but there are some games which will be digital only. For the record, I have an 8GB card right now and that is not at all enough!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, I'm happy to hear the code worked. I was worried it wouldn't!

Also, thanks for the warnings about memory cards for the Vita. I'll try to remember them for when I finally get one of these systems :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...