Thursday, February 17, 2011

20 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds

Genre: Beat 'em up
Rating: T
Developer: Eurocom Ent.
Publisher: VU Games
Platform: PS2 (Also: GC, Xbox)
Release date: 2003

In regards to the show this is based off of, I had high hopes. It's a fabulous show and not a bad movie either... but I should have known better. As soon as the first level starts you're thrown right into a battle against vampire thugs. There's absolutely no introduction or initial words that tell you what is going on. You're just there, with a guy in your face ready to pound you down.

However, there was something much more of an issue going on. See, the PS3 I've been using to play these games is in between the PS3s with the emotion engine and the PS3 consoles with no PS2 support whatsoever. Mine uses software emulation to play the games and every once in a while there are some glitchy troubles with specific games. This game was probably the worst I've seen yet with the emulation.

The screen was blinking rapidly in 75% of the level - however outside of those parts it was a solid and fine screen. In both areas however parts of the character bodies would disappear. Sometimes the models would disappear completely and I'd be left with the sounds of punching and shadows on the ground to judge where I and my enemies were. All this with the screen flipping out and I don't feel a bit ashamed to say I died in the first room of the first level.

Looking the compatibility up on the PS3 site I was able to determine it wasn't my game's fault (that and by looking at the disc). Aside from all that trouble though, it didn't appear to be any special kind of game.

Would I play again? Maybe (on the PS2).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...